Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just fun


Today Michael and I were wondering at what point newlyweds stop being "newlyweds". (This is a serious question, feel free to comment). And like, when do couples stop going to the grocery store together, cooking every meal together, holding hands and acting like morons in public? We decided a goal of ours is to never stop being "newlyweds."

In other news, my attempt to learn to cook is working itself out in stages. I've found that because of ONE successful meal I got so cocky that I stopped reading recipes and decided I knew how to "eyeball" things...and it has resulted in some *very* spicy meals. Luckily, however, there is no recipe for Haagen dasz' chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Just scoop it into a bowl and voila- dessert.

Something strange is happening though. Today Michael forgot his lunch (which was really just leftover pizza) but I felt SO badly that he had nothing to eat for lunch that I actually wanted (not just was willing) to drive across town to bring him something. I started feeling so badly that I decided I would do nothing else but prepare delicious and extravagant meals 3x a day so that my husband would be well fed. This whole wife thing is really starting to rub off! I wonder how much more manic I'll become with children :)



5 comments:

Megan said...

There's something extremely satisfying about feeding a man. And it's probably magnified when you are in love with the man.

not a slave said...

mom says she's glad you're happy.

haha this post made me giggle.

may you be covered in the dust of your rabbi said...

Ya, and when do you stop sharing the salsa bowl at La Hacienda? If ever Hunter reaches for the 2nd "spare" bowl, a little part of me gets sad. I started stacking them so this could be avoided!

not a slave said...

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you!!!!!

not a slave said...

update update update