Thursday, February 17, 2011

"I want to see Jesus!"

What a beautiful post! Please read this. I would copy and paste it here but I am not sure if that's plagiarism!

A little background information- this girl, named Katie, lives in Uganda with roughly 14 adopted children and serves the people of her village in various ways. I've been so enriched by her deepened perspective on life (and her deepened love for Christ) as a result of being exposed to some of life's realities that we in America don't always come face to face with. I hope it blesses, challenges, and encourages you to look at Jesus.

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2011/02/jesus-mama-baby-jesus-i-want-to-see-i.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty crazy stuff. I don't think that I would ever sacrifice or endanger the well being of my kids for humanitarian work. I really appreciate what she is trying to do there. I hope that her dedication to her ideals does not disappoint her in the long run. (I'm thinking Frankie and Francis Schaeffer kinda thing.)
She is certainly a more devout person than myself. Strange the mix of admiration and sorrow that I feel when reading this.

Hannah said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I definitely understand the tension you're describing. If you ever want to dialogue more, feel free to email me!

Anonymous said...

Hey I am your brother. I don't have a google live id or whatever is necessary to take credit for my post. We can talk. Love you.

Hannah said...

I had a very serious feeling it was one of my siblings... :) Well now I know how to contact you, anonymous! :)