Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A New View

When we first visited downtown to discern a move there, I was intimidated by the tall buildings. I felt so very small in the midst of them. Saying "yes" to the opportunity involved a big gulp and a commitment to something much bigger than me. 

From the vantage point of our new apartment, the buildings don't seem so tall anymore. In fact, most of their roofs are far below our windowsills. A friend of ours came to visit the other night and commented on the same thing. Then he said, "I guess it's all about perspective. The things we think are so insurmountable and that loom so large above us are not so from God's perspective. His vantage point is a little different." 

That comforts me. He knows the path I tread, the path He's paved for me. It doesn't matter if it is too big for me, because it's not too big for Him. And He's the One I'm following.  


 5:30 pm from our living room window. More pictures to come!

1 comment:

Nchao said...

What a great view Hannah! Congrats on the new place : )