Friday, July 13, 2012

A Photo of the Future

Just a few months ago, a friend of ours wanted to take some photos of us downtown to add to his portfolio.  It was fun for us to see just a little bit more of our "neighborhood"-- a part of Dallas that we had hardly visited up until that point. 

At the time, we thought, "We really should come downtown more often. But we could never imagine living here."  

A week after the photos were taken, we found out we had been placed right in the heart of the city for a two-year live-in ministry.  I'm not sure if there's such a thing as prophetic photography, but if so, this is it! 

It's funny how we are now so passionate about living in a place we never imagined we would be able to survive, much less enjoy! It seems that despite my thinking I know best about who I am, what I want, and what I'm capable of, I'm usually proven wrong. I'm glad that God's imagination is bigger than mine.  






2 comments:

tae said...

Hannah, i just love reading your blog. it always encourages me so much. And you guys look great, too :) we miss you and hope that we can see you all somewhere/sometime soon. Love, Tae

Nchao said...

You guys look lovely! Such long hair : ) Glad to see you so happy!