Monday, February 10, 2014

Today

Today is the eleven year anniversary of my father's death from cancer. The feelings of loss come in waves, each reflective of the season I find myself in. This year, the season is one of awe at the preservation of my mother's life from the same evil, and so my feelings of loss are mixed with unspeakable relief and thanksgiving. Today I remember my father and celebrate my mother; I cry and laugh, mourn and dance. 

And in that sense, today is like any other day for anyone who is in Christ, because there is no day in this world that we aren't wounded by the brokenness that infests it; and yet there is no day that we don't experience the in-breaking power of new creation that changes everything. So I accept today as the pattern of my life until His return, and I accept the joy and pain of living in the tension of now. 

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."  Job 1:21 

No comments: