Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Next Big Thing (And a Break)

Four years ago, I opened my first blog post by saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." 

Four years later, I'm laughing too. Because if He'd told me four years ago that I'd be attending seminary, becoming Anglican, and going to work for a church in Virginia, I would never have believed Him. In fact, I probably would have cried.

And yet today, this is my life and I keep pinching myself because it feels like "more than I could ask or imagine." 

Today I'm thankful that God's plans are higher than mine. I'm thankful that He knows me better than myself, and thankful that He is willing to surprise me for my good and His glory. 

(Oh, and I'm thankful He sent us to a place with hills and trees, and where we can keep the windows open without fear of melting! No offense, Texas.) 


Worshiping at our new church! See Michael in the back corner? Cutest choir director of all time!

That said, it's a bit obvious but I've taken a hiatus from blogging during this transition season and I don't think that hiatus is over yet. Perhaps it's post-grad school puberty, but I haven't been able to find my voice again quite yet. So, while there are currently no plans to shut down this blog forever, I wanted to make it official that I'm taking some time to adjust. 

Until then! 


No comments: